The transition from school to work can be a challenging time. You might be unsure what type of work you would like to do, what skills or qualifications you need, or how to get some experience. That’s where we can help!
What is Young People’s Employment Pathways?
Young People’s Employment Pathways is a new program offered by Life Without Barriers and Joblife Employment that supports young people with disability to gain skills and experience and to find meaningful employment.
Our program offers a flexible and individualised support service. Our trained team members are here to support you in building the confidence and skills you need to prepare for working life. They will work with you to develop a plan that is unique to your skills, interests and goals.
What are my options?
We recognise every journey is different, and that’s why we have different options available for you.
School Leaver Employment Supports – offered by Life Without Barriers
An NDIS-funded support for up to 2 years that helps you prepare for work. This is a great option if you are not ready to jump straight into work and need some extra support to build confidence and get some experience.
After this, we will work with you to support your transition to Disability Employment Services.
Eligible School Leavers – offered by Joblife Employment
This is funded through Disability Employment Services and supports a young person move from their final year of school into employment.
If you are feeling confident and ready to get into work but need help finding the right employer, then this is a great pathway for you. We will help you explore your employment goals, introduce you to employers for work placement opportunities, or the potential for a traineeship or apprenticeship. Once you have started a job, we will continue to support you and your employer to work through any challenges that may arise to give you the best chance of success.
Disability Employment Services – offered by Joblife Employment
Once you are job ready, we can support you in finding and keeping a job, in your choice of full time, part time, or casual work. We can also help you to navigate different employment options like open employment (in a mainstream job), support you in your current employment (where you receive extra support at work), or self-employment (starting your own business or microbusiness).
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for School Leaver Employment Supports you need to be all of the following:
- In your final year of school or have recently left school
- Aged 16-22 years
- Have an active NDIS plan or are eligible for NDIS support
- Have identified employment related goals in your NDIS Plan
- Need support to develop your confidence and work ready skills
To be eligible for Eligible School Leavers support you need to be all of the following:
- Full-time student with a significant disability
- In final year of school
- Australian or permanent resident of legal working age
- Work capacity of at least eight hours per week
- Need to be attending a disability specialist school or disability special class in a mainstream school, OR able to provide evidence of additional educational funding to support your disability within an educational setting
To be eligible for Disability Employment Services you need to be all of the following:
- Have a disability, injury or health condition, including mental health conditions
- Australian citizen or permanent resident of legal working age
- Able to work at least eight hours per week
What are the benefits of finding and keeping a job?
- Financial independence
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved wellbeing
- New connections and friends
Why choose us?
Joblife Employment is a national disability employment specialist that believes in a job for everybody. As one of Australia’s largest national NDIS providers, Life Without Barriers has been supporting people with disability and their families for almost 30 years. Together, we are working to break down barriers to employment for people with disability and promote equal opportunity for all.
Our unique partnership and national reach enable us to offer you:
- Personal pathways to employment
- More work experience and job placement opportunities
- A seamless transition to Disability Employment Services
- A broad range of additional support services – not just related to employment or NDIS
For a unique and personalised employment service contact your Young People’s Employment Pathways Lead: